Whale Bone Halberd
Whale Bone Halberd is a Melee Weapon in Hellpoint. Whale Bone Halberd is used to deal damage to Enemies and Bosses from a close distance. Melee Weapons have different attack values and unique abilities making them more or less effective depending on the enemy or situation. It is a halberd type weapon, characterized for its wide and slow attacks, have moderate stagger potential and high attack damage acompanied with high AOE potential. Its useful against hordes, but not practical agains single enemies.
A heavy piece made of parts of the spinal cord of an enormous animal. These mystical megalodons have keep watch since time immemorial, as benevolent guardians should.
The weapon requires strength to use, but can be swung precisely from above or in wide arcs.
Where to find Whale Bone Halberd
- It can be found in the Alma Mater Atrium area (Union Park subsection).
- (These instructions assume that, instead of going to Sohn District with the first Arcology Limited Access Passport, you went to Ikari Walkways first. All in all, this doesn't change much, apart from the route you'll have to take in order to reach what you're aiming for.)
- Starting from the Alma Mater Atrium - Union Park breach: exit the room containing the breach.
- Turn right, and go right ahead ; pass the corner of the building, and then aim for the entrance to the Union Park, that you can see in the distance, right ahead.
- WARNING. As you progress further into the Park, you'll enter the firing range of 2x Small Artillery. They are equally annoying as the two that can be found at the Alma Mater Atrium "plaza", but they are (relatively) easier to reach.
- Your first order of business should be to get rid of them, making the exploration of the whole Union Park subsection all the more pleasant. It means that you'll have to backtrack a bit, in order to make sure you haven't missed anything, but that is a small price to pay.
- If you prefer to run around like a headless chicken, preferably from cover to cover, hoping not to get hit by the humongous "cannonballs" being shot at you every few seconds (and benefitting from a generous tracking...), feel free to ignore this recommendation.
- Once you've reached the entrance, turn right : from there, you can already see the glow of an item, located at the foot of a tall, triangular structure.
- One set of stairs later, you can grab the Whale Bone Halberd.
- This is but one possible location where you can get this Melee Weapon ; in another playthrough, it was still in the Union Park, but I found it somewhere else.
- If memory serves : once you've reached the entrance of the park, go straight ahead, until you reach a bridge.
- Cross the bridge ; from there, stay on the same course, full steam ahead, until the first fake tree you'll come across.
- Then, head in a diagonal, forward, and to the left ; you'll reach the imposing carcass of an animal (?) of some sort.
- The Whale Bone Halberd can (sometimes) also be found lying there, on the ground, in the middle of this carcass.
Whale Bone Halberd Abilities
- Conductor Effect: Equip a Conductor to increase potential.
- Stamina Regen Influx: +6% Bonus to Stamina Regen
- Foresight Handling: Increases Foresight capabilities.
- Bone Toss: Throw sharpened bones.
- Weight Handling: The weapon feels lighter in the hand.
- Strength Handling: Increases Strength capabilities
- Celestial Lobtailing: They are always watching over us.
Whale Bone Halberd Notes and Tips
- At some point in the game, this item will become unobtainable. Unknown what causes this, but could be tied to killing the gods.