Ceremonial Dagger is a Melee Weapon in Hellpoint. Melee Weapons are used to deal damage to Enemies and Bosses from a close distance. Melee Weapons have different attack values and unique abilities, making them more or less effective, depending on the enemy or situation.
Whether hunting Thespians or sacrificing victims, this dagger is the most convenient way to get right to the heart of the matter.
Very fast when swung, but has a short range.
Where to find Ceremonial Dagger
- It can be found in the Embassy area.
- You can go and grab this weapon even before fighting the Archon Slaver, which is the first boss you encounter in the game.
- This can be a bit tricky, though : depending on the path you take to get to its location, you'll encounter at least 1x Sentinel on the way.
- At this stage of the game, you have very limited offensive and defensive capabilities, and a grand total of two charges for your Healing Injection ; so the easiest solution is to not even bother with this mob, and just run past it.
- Or you could just come back later, with better Stats, and better gear : your choice.
- With that being said : the following instructions describe the "shortest" way you would take when going there for the very first time.
- Starting from the Embassy - Pond breach : when facing the breach, and having the big "window" in your back, turn right, and you'll find a passageway.
- From there, there's only one possible path to follow (turn right ; go down ; turn left ; turn left ; go down ; turn left).
- Past the Victim curled up next to a pile of rubble, there's a narrow bridge : cross it.
- Go straight ahead, and interact with the wall you're facing : this will reveal a secret door, and open a shortcut (Watch out, a Victim can spawn in your back).
- Turn right, and follow the corridor to the end.
- In the new room you've just entered, turn right, and go down the stairs.
- Turn left : right ahead of you, you can see a mag-lift, going up ; don't take it. Instead, follow the path going to the left.
- At the end of this short path, just drop down, and turn right.
- In the distance, you can see the green glow of a switch : this is (temporarily) what you're aiming for.
- Watch out, there's a high concentration of Victims between you and that switch : fight your way through ; try not to get noticed (easier said than done) ; or just outrun them : again, your choice.
- Once you've reached the switch, interact with it : it will trigger an alarm, but also call down an elevator / a lift (which takes ages to arrive...).
- You'll go up one floor ; straight ahead, you'll arrive in a great hall, with massive columns on either side.
- This great hall connects, among many other subsections : the Archon Slaver boss fight ; the Arisen Dominion area (that you'll only be able to access later in the game) ; and the spawn point where you began the game, with the Embassy - Pond breach (but only after having opened a shortcut).
- From this point on : go straight ahead, until you reach the opposite wall.
- When facing the wall, turn right, and just go straight ahead.
- Continue to hug the wall (which is now located on your left), past a green hand on a column, until you arrive at an open doorway (also located on your left).
- Once you've entered this first room, there's only one possible path to follow : the Ceremonial Dagger can ultimately be looted on a corpse, lying on an altar, located at the end of a succession of four rooms (Don't worry about the two Sentinel statues ; surprisingly, they're really just statues).
Ceremonial Dagger Abilities
- Conductor Effect: Equip a Conductor to increase potential
- Health Influx: 6% bonus to max. Health
- Weapon Connection: The weapon is less prone to be deflected by shields.
- Backstab: A fatal strike against the unwary
- Foresight Influx: Bonus to Foresight.
- Damage Influx: Improved fighting skills deal more damage.
- Weapon Throw: The ability to throw your weapon.
Ceremonial Dagger Notes and Tips
- It is a knife type weapon, characterized by its very quick swings, which always come in 2 hits per input, and its high backstab damage. It is most useful against single enemies, and it has an incredibly high ambush potential.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Backstab makes this weapon a powerhouse. Downside is it's short reach.
Best weapon in the game and haven't thrown it once.
If you have the energy to spam the weapon art backstab, this becomes one of the highest dps weapons in the game. 393 damage per backstab with a +22 reflex catalyst at 30 reflex
Early Game Build: Been doing very high dps with a reflex/foresight build. The backstab ability does insane damage for minimal energy cost. When combined with the Hedron of light in the off-hand, the tri-expsosion ability has been a very satisfying source of damage (that passive foresight buff is awesome). At 10 reflex and 6 foresight, I started punking of most of the enemies in the isaki walkway area with minimal effort. Highly recommend for early game exploration.