Column is a Melee Weapon in Hellpoint. Melee Weapons are used to deal damage to Enemies and Bosses in close combat. Melee Weapons have different attack values and unique abilities, making them more or less effective, depending on the enemy or situation.
Massive piece of buttress detached from the wall by an incredible force. Few would choose this as a viable weapon, but those who would will enjoy great stopping power.
Where / How to acquire the Column
- 1x can be found at the very beginning of the game, in the Embassy area.
- Starting from the Embassy - Pond breach ; when facing the breach, and having the big "window" at your back : turn right, and you'll find a passageway.
- From there, there's only one possible path to follow (turn right ; go down ; turn left ; turn left ; go down ; turn left).
- Past the Victim curled up next to a pile of rubble, there's a narrow bridge : cross it.
- Go straight ahead, and interact with the wall you're facing : this will reveal a secret door, and open a shortcut (Watch out, a Victim can spawn in your back).
- Turn left, and 1x Column is lying there, on the ground.
- This is the quickest way to acquire this Melee Weapon ; if you really wish for a blind playthrough, and prefer to ignore this shortcut for now, you'll have to go all the way around.
- 1x can be found in the Arcology Underside area.
- Starting from the Arcology Underside - Central Mall breach ; when facing the breach, and having the door leading to the Alma Mater Atrium plaza at your back ; take a few steps forward, and turn left.
- From there, you just have to go straight ahead.
- On the way, you'll see a staircase going up, to your left : ignore it.
- You'll soon come across an area where the floor seems to be destroyed ; or, at least, partially missing.
- This is where you'll find 1x Column, on the ground (so, basically, it is not that different from the other destroyed structures lying around, but its shape is such that it can actually be repurposed as a weapon).
Column - Weapon Abilities
- I. Conductor Effect : Equip a Conductor to increase potential.
- II. Column Mastery : (No ingame description for this ability).
- Once it is unlocked, this passive ability permanently grants a substantial increase to the amount of Physical Damage inherent to this weapon. It can be easily verified, since the stats displayed in the menu are then modified accordingly.
- To put things into perspective : with a Strength Melee Conductor +6, and a Strength Stat of 12 (which is the bare minimum required to wield this weapon). Once this 2nd experience threshold was reached, the Physical Damage value went up from 48, to 84.
Column - Notes & Tips
- It is a heavy type weapon, characterized by its slow, and non cancellable attacks. Both its fast, and strong attacks consist only of vertical swings. This weapon (alongside the Infused Column ; the Thespian Mace ; and the Uthos Gavel) has the highest stagger potential of all the Melee Weapons in the game, with a Tenacity value of 100. This allows single hits to stagger the normal enemies, and double hits to stagger the big ones.