Strength Melee Conductor
Strength Melee Conductor is an Upgrade Chip in Hellpoint. Upgrade Chips are a special type of item, that can bolster your weapons. The Upgrade Chips themselves can be upgraded with Axions at the Weapon Editor.
Strength Melee Conductor - Information / Use
- Ingame description : Equip it on a melee weapon at an Upgrade Station to improve melee weapon damage based on Strength.
- (Upgrade Station = Weapon Editor, located in the Observatory area, just next to the Observatory - Podium breach.)
- Whichever Melee Weapon you decide to equip with this Upgrade Chip, it seems to provide a flat increase of +75 to the original value of the Strength Bonus this weapon inherently possesses.
- This is the case, even if the original value of the Strength Bonus for this particular Melee Weapon is equal to 0 ; which means that, although it wasn't initially the case, thanks to this Upgrade Chip, the damage output of this weapon now also benefits from your Strength Stat.
- In addition to the passive increase to damage, which scales with the value of your Strength Stat, the weapon equipped with the Strength Melee Conductor also gets an active ability, going by the same name.
- (This active ability replaces the Conductor Effect "ability", present by default on every Melee Weapon which is not equipped with an Upgrade Chip.)
- Ingame description of the "Strength Melee Conductor" active ability : Temporarily multiplies the staggering effect of the weapon. In other words, for a short period of time, it boosts the Tenacity value inherent to the weapon, increasing the likelihood that the enemies you're striking are interrupted in the middle of their action (the aforementioned "staggering effect") ; or straight up knocked to the ground.
- This ability costs 25 Energy Points to activate, and lasts roughly 20 seconds. Since, when it is active, there is no change in the Tenacity value displayed in the menu, it is hard to predict how more effective your hits will be in disrupting your opponent's actions.
Where / How to acquire Strength Melee Conductor
- 1x can be found as early as the Observatory area, just next to the Observatory - Podium breach.
- It is lying on the floor, right in front of the Weapon Editor, along with a Reflex Melee Conductor.
- Since the Observatory is comprised of several semi-circular floors, the breach and the Weapon Editor are both located on a straight platform, linked to the lowest floor : you really can't miss it.
- 1x can be found in the Arcology area.
- (To gain access to this part of the level, you first have to use 1x Arcology Limited Access Passport at the terminal located just next to the Arcology - Customs Bridge breach.)
- Starting from the Arcology - West Square breach : when having the breach at your back, take a few steps forward, and make a running jump while aiming at the nearby mag-lift.
- Grab it in mid air, and go all the way up ; then, make a lateral jump to the left, in order to get over the grate (To prevent any...frustrating mishap, make sure that your character is actively leaning in the direction in which you want to go, before jumping).
- Once you've landed safely, take a few steps forward, and go up the stairs.
- From this point on : turn right ; forward ; turn left ; forward.
- At the second "crossroad" : turn right ; take a few steps forward ; climb the short set of stairs ; turn left ; then climb a second, longer set of stairs.
- You're now in a vast, open area, where you'll encounter a high concentration of Victims, among many crates and containers, blocking the lines of sight.
- From here, turn left ; take a step forward, and turn left again. Then, head toward the cubic "monument", that you can see in the distance (it is the only element lit by some stark white lighting) ; and go around it, on its left side.
- Once you've reached the pedestal of the monument, look for a very narrow passage between some containers, and some rubble (located roughly straight ahead of you, once you pass the corner of a container).
- When you emerge from this narrow passage, head toward the lit doorway that you can see in the distance, forward, and slightly to the right.
- Pass the threshold ; turn right and go forward, then go up the mag-lift.
- Once you're up there, turn right, and make a running jump in order to cross the gap, and reach the other platform, located at a slightly lower height.
- From the spot where you landed, turn right, and just go straight ahead.
- As you arrive at the very end of this large platform, the only way to progress further, is to turn right, and make another running jump.
- Take a few steps forward, and you're now in a vast room, with two series of four pillars on each side. Just go straight ahead, until you reach the doorway on the opposite side of the room.
- Since the door with the pinkish lighting right in front of you is closed, turn right, take a few steps forward, and drop down onto the lower platform.
- Turn left, and go down the mag-lift. (This area is really a whole lot of nothing...)
- Once you're down there, turn right ; then head forward, and slightly to the right, until you reach a doorway.
- As you pass the doorway, you're now at a crossroad. (If you turn right, and follow the path, you can open a shortcut, that could save you some travel time, if anything goes awry.)
- Turn left, and follow the only available path ; you'll come across an armor-clad humanoid, minding its own business on the other side of a grate. This is actually an NPC, the Architect, that you'll encounter again later, in the Sohn District area.
- If you continue along this path, you'll soon arrive at a second crossroad.
- Turn left ; after climbing a long staircase, you'll find 1x Omnicube Light, just sitting there, in the middle of the way.
- After some more stairs, pass the doorway ; take a few steps forward, and you'll find yourself at the third crossroad in a row.
- Go to the left ; pass the doorway ; take a few steps forward, then turn right, and follow the narrow corridor.
- As you emerge into a wider room, where a good portion of the floor is destroyed, go straight ahead ; climb over the small pile of rubble, and look down below : there's another platform that you can reach.
- Don't take any chances with the destroyed floor by dropping down ; instead, just make a running jump, straight ahead.
- On the spot where you landed, turn around, and take a few steps forward ; then, make another running jump (while aiming at the wall, since it is quite narrow), in order to cross the small gap.
- Once you're there, take a few steps forward, and then turn left ; in the distance, you can already see the glow of an item.
- The only thing getting in your way is another small gap : so you'll have to perform a third, and last running jump ; then, finally, you can pick up 1x Strength Melee Conductor, sitting there on the floor, in the middle of a crossroad.
- With the relevant Printing Model, Strength Melee Conductor can be crafted, using the following Materials:
Strength Melee Conductor - Notes & Tips
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!