|90||8 / (6)
Linked Espadon is a Melee Weapon in Hellpoint. Melee Weapons are used to deal damage to Enemies and Bosses in close combat. Melee Weapons have different attack values and unique abilities, making them more or less effective, depending on the enemy or situation.
This giant sword sported proudly by the Sentinels is no mere decoration.
Its weight alone makes it difficult to handle, but its devastating impact is there to compensate.
Where / How to acquire the Linked Espadon
- 1x can be found in the Arisen Dominion area.
- (The following instructions assume that you haven't yet activated the great elevator.)
- Starting from the Arisen Dominion - Grand Gallery breach : when facing both the breach, and the nearby square hole, turn around, take a few steps forward, and go down the stairs, until you reach the edge.
- You'll have to make a running jump, in order to cross the gap, and reach the second, lower half of the broken staircase.
- From the point where you landed, just go straight ahead ; pass a great, weirdly shaped "doorway" ; and go pick up 1x Linked Espadon, at the foot of a triangular "statue".
- A Kickstarter Linked Espadon can be acquired at the very beginning of the game, in the Embassy area.
- Right after leaving the first room in which you spawned, you'll find yourself in a corridor.
- A bit further, to your left, you can interact with a terminal, which will ask you to "enter your personal ID to claim your belongings".
- Enter the code "642017", and you'll receive the Kickstarter Linked Espadon, along with 1x Kickstarter Railgun, and 1x Kickstarter Cross Shield.
- Unless proven otherwise, there are no differences between the Kickstarter Linked Espadon, and the "regular" Linked Espadon, in terms of stats, or abilities.
Linked Espadon - Weapon Abilities
- I. Conductor Effect : Equip a Conductor to increase potential.
- III. Weight Handling : The weapon feels lighter in the hand.
- The Linked Espadon has an initial Weight value of 8 ; once this passive ability is unlocked, this value permanently goes down to 6 (hence the two different numbers featured on this page).
- IV. Espadon's Will : A deadly attack combo.
- Once this active ability is unlocked, it costs 15 Energy Points to use.
- It consists of a 2-hit combo, with each of these hits dealing exactly the same amount of Physical Damage as a fast attack would.
- None of those hits benefit from the Leech value inherent to the weapon ; as such, they don't replenish any Energy Points.
- V. Damage Handling : Better able to mitigate damage.
- VII. Void Strike : Strike at a distance through a portal.
- Once this active ability is unlocked, it costs 30 Energy Points to use.
- It effectively gives this Melee Weapon the possibility to strike at a distance.
- If it hits, it deals an amount of Physical Damage situated roughly between that of a fast attack, and that of a strong attack.
Linked Espadon - Notes & Tips
- It is a heavy type weapon, characterized by its slow and non cancellable attacks. Both the fast, and the strong attacks consist of vertical swings. It has one of the highest stagger potential among all Melee Weapons (Tenacity : 90), allowing single hits to stagger the normal enemies, and double hits to stagger the big ones.
The Kickstarter Linked Espadon (Green color scheme)