Red Saber is a Melee Weapon in Hellpoint. Melee Weapons are used to deal damage to Enemies and Bosses in close combat. Melee Weapons have different attack values and unique abilities, making them more or less effective, depending on the enemy or situation.
This strange curved blade looks like it could tell a hundred stories, all of them outside the law.
The weapon inspires a furious fighting style and pulls the wielder into a deadly dance.
Where / How to acquire Red Saber
- 1x can be found in the Sohn District area.
- Starting from the (aptly named) Sohn District - Corpse Pit breach : when facing the breach, and having the lowest part of the mag-lift at your back ; turn around, and climb upon the nearby pile of corpses, until you reach its highest point.
- From there, turn left ; then go forward, and slightly to the right, aiming for the doorway with the light blue lighting you can see in the distance.
- Pass the threshold, and head in a diagonal, forward, and to the right, in order to reach the corner of the opposite wall, that you can already see from here.
- Pass the corner, and go straight ahead, until you arrive at a stack of crates, leaning against the wall, to your left.
- Turn slightly to the right ; then, head toward the opening in the fencing that you can see at a distance.
- Pass the opening, and go straight ahead, until you reach a doorway with a light blue lighting, to your left. (On the way, you'll see a path going to the left : ignore it.)
- Enter this tiny control room, and interact with the blue "doorknob" : this will open a "bunker door", just outside (For once, you can actually see the direct effect of your interaction, through the window.)
- Go through this bunker door, take a few steps forward, then turn right.
- Pass the doorway, go down the stairs, and follow the only available path, until you arrive at a crossroad, with a path going to the left, and a path going forward.
- Turn left, and just follow the path going "straight ahead", until you reach an open space (On the way, you'll pass a path going left, and leading to a strangely shaped "doorway" : ignore it).
- Once you've reached the aforementioned open space : head forward, but mostly to the left, in the direction of the "ceiling light", generating a white / light blueish light, that you can see in the distance.
- When you're under this light : to your left, there's a staircase, going up ; head forward, and to the right, and interact with the first section of wall you come across.
- This will reveal a hidden passage : pass the opening, turn left, and go up the stairs.
- Go straight ahead, and grab 1x Red Saber, lying on the floor, next to a pile of rubble (This is the item that you could already see from the other side of the fence, but you had no way to reach it ; while you're at it, don't forget to pick up 1x Coin, just a bit further).
- (From this point, you can activate a switch, that will open a portion of the aforementioned fence, providing a new shortcut.)
- 1x can be found in the Port Issoudun area.
- Starting from the Port Issoudun - Silos breach : go down the mag-lift located just next to the breach.
- Turn around ; take a few steps forward, and turn left.
- Pass the doorway, and head toward the opening present in the opposite wall, forward, and to the right.
- Take some momentum, and jump down, while aiming at the upper "platform".
- Having your back at where you came from, you now have three options : to the left ; forward ; and to the right. Head to the right.
- Go down the stairs, and cross the bridge.
- After a wide passageway, you'll arrive in a vast room, with a pentagonal hole in the middle of it. This is where you can find the Vault Door, and where the Horde Event takes place during Hell Hour.
- Head toward another wide passageway that will let you exit this room, forward, and to the left.
- Take a few steps forward, and go down the stairs. (To the right of the stairs, you can grab Axions (888), lying on the floor, in the corner.)
- Go right ahead, pass the two pillars, and then turn left.
- Watch out, from this point on, there is a high concentration of Melee Thespians, with a few Vicious Hands.
- Head toward the doorway you can see, right ahead (the only spot where there is purple lighting).
- Once you've passed the doorway, turn left : 1x Red Saber is lying there, on the floor, on the other side of this small room.
Red Saber - Weapon Abilities
- Conductor Effect: Equip a Conductor to increase potential.
- Energy Influx:15% bonus to max. Energy
- Weight Handling: The weapon feels lighter in the hand.
- Saber Throw: Project an echo of the weapon.
- Strength Handling: Handle the weapon with more Strength.
- Leech Influx: More energy is drawn from blood.
- Shredding Leap: Devastating spin attack.
Red Saber - Notes & Tips
- Heavy attack is fast, does a lot of damage and is 360°. You need to be close enough to get the two hits. Due to the nature of this move, stagger potential is high
- It is a saber type weapon, characterized by its quick and commited attacks, covering circles arround the player. It is useful against single enemies and hordes, but doesn't have any cancellable animations, making it a high risk / high reward weapon.
- Heavy attack does 4*damages instead of 2 because it hits twice.