Lost Hatchet is a Melee Weapon in Hellpoint. Melee Weapons are used to deal damage to Enemies and Bosses from a close distance. Melee Weapons have different attack values and unique abilities, making them more or less effective, depending on the enemy or situation.
Modeled after an ancient tribal weapon using modern metallic glass. Many notches are engraved on the handle.
Shorter range, but fast vertical swings.
Where / How to acquire the Lost Hatchet
- It can be found in the Arcology area, after the Celestial Beast boss fight, just to the left of the Arcology - Customs Bridge breach.
Lost Hatchet - Weapon Abilities
I. Conductor Effect : Equip a Conductor to increase potential.
IV. Axe Throw : A powerful astral axe throw.
- Once this active ability is unlocked, it costs 6 Energy Points to use.
- It effectively gives this Melee Weapon the possibility to strike at a distance.
- The axe can be thrown at potentially a very long range (actually, the maximum distance at which you can lock on an enemy).
- When you aim the throw manually, without relying on the lock on, no aiming reticula appears, making it quite difficult to hit your target reliably at a long range (although the hitbox is a bit more forgiving than you'd expect it to be).
- If you spam the ability, several axes can be thrown in a relatively quick succession.
- The adjective "astral" in the ingame description of the ability could lead to believe that it deals Energy Damage ; but, until proven otherwise, it seems to deal a moderate amount of Physical Damage (slightly superior to that of a fast attack).
VII. Berserker : A fast flurry of devastating attacks.
- Once this active ability is unlocked, it costs 25 Energy Points to use.
- It consists of a 5-hit combo, with each of these hits being delivered at a much faster pace than they would, compared to an equivalent succession of 5 fast attacks.
- If all 5 hits connect, this ability deals an important amount of Physical Damage, in a short amount of time, with a high stagger potential.
- None of those hits benefit from the Leech value inherent to the weapon ; as such, they don't replenish any Energy Points.
Lost Hatchet - Notes & Tips
- It is an axe type weapon, characterized by its quick and short ranged attacks with high stagger potential and lots of animation canceling available. Shorter range than swords, but higher DPS.