Heater Spear is a Melee Weapon in Hellpoint. Melee Weapons are used to deal damage to Enemies and Bosses in close combat. Melee Weapons have different attack values and unique abilities, making them more or less effective, depending on the enemy or situation.
A power tool used by workers and artists alike to precisely carve and mold raw materials.
Handles like a mix of a spear and a hammer, combining stabbing motions with great smashing swings.
Where / How to acquire the Heater Spear
- 1x can be found in the Alma Mater Atrium area, just before, or right after the Consumer boss fight, depending on where you went first, either Ikari Walkways, or Sohn District.
- (These instructions assume that you haven't opened the shortcut yet, that would allow a much shorter route between the Alma Mater Atrium - Otsego Mansion breach, and the Alma Mater Atrium "plaza", where you're currently headed.)
- Starting from the Alma Mater Atrium - Union Park breach : exit the room containing the breach.
- Turn left, and go back to the Consumer boss room. (These instructions also assume that you have already defeated this boss.)
- Taking the very middle of the boss room as a landmark : when facing the only wide open side of this circular room, head in a diagonal, forward, and to the right, until you reach the wall.
- Hug the wall (located on your right side), and continue to go forward until you reach a corner.
- Turn right : there's a wide staircase. Climb these stairs.
- WARNING. When you approach the upper end of the staircase, you'll get ambushed by 2x Preterhumans, coming from either side.
- Once you've gotten rid of them, given that you have the staircase at your back, go hug the wall to the left.
- WARNING. From there on, you enter the firing range of 2x Small Artillery, located on two separate platforms, that are pretty much out of reach. When you combine both of their arcs of fire, these two ranged enemies cover almost the whole area, making the exploration excruciatingly tedious, if you wish to grab the different items scattered all around.
- Two solutions : either you sprint from cover to cover, grab everything, get out of there, and never look back (So, basically, the same course of action you would take with the triple ballista of the Smouldering Lake area in Dark Souls 3...).
- Or, you can get on the roof of the "building", opposite to them, and snipe them by aiming the Light Shell active ability of the Railgun manually. The limiting factor is then your damage output and, by extension, your reserve of Energy Points. So perhaps it is best to leave some enemies alive in the vicinity, in order to go replenish your Energy, as you will most certainly need to.
- From there on, these instructions assume that you've chosen a way to deal with this nuisance, which won't be mentioned again. From the corner of the "building", and the patch of luminescent mushrooms, aim for the opening in the "fence" that you can see right ahead of you.
- In front of you, there is now some sort of fake tree, mounted on a wide pedestal, which has the general shape of an eight pointed star ; and you can see, in the distance, that there are several such structures.
- Going mostly right ahead, you'll have to pass three of these structures in a row, always on their left side.
- Once you've reached the third, you'll recognize the same type of fence that you already saw on the opposite side of the plaza ; from there, you can already see the glow of the item you're aiming for.
- Head toward the opening in the fence, and go grab 1x Heater Spear, lying there on the floor between two benches.
- 1x can be found in the Bowels subsection of the Sohn District area, that you can only access by following the Architect's questline.
- After fulfilling certain pre-required conditions (See Architect for more details), you can begin a scripted escort mission. The starting point is just next to the Sohn District - Control Center breach, where you can first meet this NPC.
- Along the way, the Architect will open two doors that you couldn't have opened on your own (unless you kill him, I suppose, since he drops the Architect Credentials ; but, for obvious reasons, I haven't tested that option).
- It would be pointless to write a detailed walkthrough, since, for the most part, this new subsection is rather linear (there is only one part, near the beginning, where you can kind of go in circles, due to the layout, until you find the elevator / lift you need to take in order to progress further).
- Regarding the item that you're currently aiming for, for the sake of clarity, let's say that there are several "key moments" during the escort mission. 1. The Architect opens the first door. 2. First elevator. 3. Second elevator. 4. The Architect will go and stand in a pre-determined spot, telling you that he has to "rest". 5. If you talk to him again, he opens the second door (There are actually two doors, your previous dialogue choices determine which one gets opened). 6. After you both arrive at what the Architect describes as a "supply cache", end of the escort mission.
- You can potentially find 1x Heater Spear, along with the whole Architect Set, in the step (6.) ; but it is tied to what happens during the step (5.).
- In my playthroughs, I've always launched the escort mission by telling the Architect about the Piercing of Dimensions ; and I've never had any problems acquiring these items, since the Architect automically opens the "correct" door during the step (5.). I don't know how it would go if you launched the escort mission by telling him about the Mass A.I.
- What I do know, is that there is the possibility that the Architect asks you to choose which of the two doors you want him to open. If that is the case, and you wish to acquire the aforementioned items, choose the left door. (If you choose the right door, apparently you can get 1x Omnicube Defense System ; 1x Diamond Ingot ; and 1x Inselium Rod.)
Heater Spear - Weapon Abilities
- Conductor Effect: Equip a Conductor to increase potential.
- Cognition Handling: Increases Cognition capabilities.
- Weight Handling: The weapon feels lighter in the hand.
- Ignition: Turns on the weapon's torch.
- Damage Handling: Better able to mitigate damage.
- Tenacity Handling: Improved ability to stagger enemies.
- Clean Blast: A massive blast that will purge any parasite.
Heater Spear - Notes & Tips
- It is a spear type weapon, characterized by its quick and long ranged forward thrust attacks, useful against single targets and for keeping distance while leeching energy and healing charges. Its strong attack is an AoE swing, with high knockback potential.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
I leveled it specifically because it looked like a cannon was set into the blade. There kind of is.
take the route to Sohn,
kill arisen bros,
learn about AI in arisen dominion (entrance from embassey)
do architect quest till he moves to observatory
kill architect and revisit his workshop to take his armour and weapon
I hope the devs fix the hitbox as I love this weapon when doing STR+COG runs.
As it is it can miss point blank against some enemies, even when it looks like it went through them.