Daring Effigy is a Consumable Item in Hellpoint. Daring Effigy can be used at a Breach to intensify challenge. Consumables are a special type of items in Hellpoint that can affect the player character and the word inside the game.
A bizarre statuette of a figure intensely staring forward into emptiness. Its courageous display inspires audacity.
Can be used at a Breach to intensify challenge.
Daring Effigy - Effect / Use
- Can be used at a Breach to "intensify challenge".
- Enemies will do more damage and have more health. Note that they will also have increased stagger/knockdown resistance to the point that some weapons will no longer be able to reliably knock down enemies. For stronger enemies, you will no longer be able to cause knockdown even with the strength conductor buff (depends on the weapon).
- Greatly increases axions rewarded for killing enemies.
Where / How to acquire Daring Effigy
- 1x can be found in the Embassy area, in the only section of this level taking place in outer space.
- WARNING. Without the appropriate gear, outer space comes with three specific environmental hazards : limited oxygen reserves (which will straight up kill you, once you run out) ; a gradual Entropy buildup (which will slow you down, past a certain threshold) ; and a gradual Radioactivity buildup (which will cause you to lose Health Points over time, past a certain threshold).
- The "appropriate gear" consists of either the EVA Outfit Set ; or the Aegis Armature Set. Their respective Helmets provide an unlimited supply of oxygen ; and their elemental resistances are such, that they completely nullify both the Entropy, and the Radioactivity buildups. Which means that, if you wish so, you could stay in outer space for an unlimited period of time, without suffering any consequences.
- The only downsides are that you can only find the Aegis Armature Set much later in the game ; and that the EVA Outfit Set can only be acquired via crafting ; crafting, that requires to first have the Broken EVA Outfit Set ; a Set, that can only be found in this very outer space section. So you'll have to bite the bullet at least once...
- With that being said : the following instructions assume that you have already opened the shortcut that allows a much shorter route between the Embassy - Pond breach, and the Archon Slaver boss fight.
- Incidentally, it will also allow you to get to the items you're currently aiming for much faster. (If you haven't opened that shortcut yet, see Archon Slaver for more detailed instructions).
- Starting from the Embassy - Pond breach : face the "window" (logically, the breach is now at your back), and go forward, and to your right.
- Climb the pile of crates, until you reach a higher floor.
- From there, turn to the right, and aim for the wide doorway flanked by two Sentinel statues, where you previously opened the shortcut.
- Watch out, 1x (real) Sentinel is patrolling the area : fight it or run past it, your choice. But since it tends to follow you around, chances are, you'll have to defeat it anyway, before the next step.
- When you are on the threshold of the doorway, facing the great hall, with its succession of pillars : head in a diagonal, forward, and to your right, and then interact with the first section of wall you come across.
- This will reveal a secret door, giving you access to a whole new subsection of the level. Turn left, and go towards the doorway you can see across the room.
- WARNING. There are 2x Vipers waiting for you, with one on either side of the doorway : so don't fall prey to such a poor ambush.
- Just a heads up : from this point onwards, there is a relatively high concentration of numerous Vipers ; and a wide assortment of all the possible declinations of Victims (Cannon fodder ; Melee ; Ranged ; Tank).
- It is extremely dark, even by this game's usual standards (if you wish to acquire this particular Daring Effigy as early as possible, you won't have acquired Omnicube Light yet) ; and, to top it all off, there are a lot of crates, blocking your line of sight : so stay on your toes.
- From the ambush point : turn right ; forward ; turn left, and go down a first set of stairs.
- The next set of stairs is destroyed in its middle section, so don't fall, and jump over the gap.
- Turn right, and continue to go down the stairs, until you reach the lowest floor.
- Head toward the only corner of the room lit with a "normal" white light, and not with an ominous red light ; and interact with the switch, which will open the adjacent door (be quick, it closes by itself after a few seconds).
- You've just entered a depressurization airlock : once you pass the door located on the opposite side of the room, you'll be in outer space, with all the issues that it entails. (It goes without saying that, if you have the appropriate gear to solve these issues, now would be the time to put it on.)
- (Once this is done,) interact with the blue "doorknob", in order to initialize the depressurization process.
- After a few seconds, you'll be able to interact with another switch, and open the door leading to outer space.
- Head forward, but mostly to the left, until you reach the edge of the platform you're currently on ; then, drop down onto the platform located at a slightly lower height.
- Take some momentum, and perform a running jump, in order to cross the small gap, and reach another platform.
- Take a few steps forward, and perform the gentlest jump you can, in order to cross the small elevation that is in your way, without falling to your death in one of the stupidest ways possible...
- Pass the corner, and grab the whole Broken EVA Outfit Set.
- From there, you'll have to do another running jump, in order to reach the platform located in front of you, at a slightly higher height.
- Now comes the trickiest part of this entire platforming section : perform a running jump, but aim a bit higher than your intended landing spot, in order to bump into the wall, so that it stops your momentum, preventing you from falling to your death.
- (If you manage to stick the landing, at the extremity of this first "beam", you can find 1x Coin. If you don't have the appropriate gear, don't bother, you have far better things to do with your limited time.)
- Since you barely have any space in order to gain some momentum, you'll have to do a "simple" forward jump, in order to reach the platform below.
- At this point, you know the drill : another running jump, another platform ; then, go up the mag-lift.
- (If you so desire, turn right, and go up a second mag-lift ; turn right again, and go grab Axions (777), lying on the floor at the end of this highest platform.)
- (Back track a bit if necessary, to the first mag-lift) ; turn left, and make another running jump.
- A few steps forward, turn right, and a last running jump ; from here, you can already see the glow of an item, located at the extremity of a short beam, in the distance.
- Reach the opposite end of the platform ; turn left ; drop down ; a few steps forward, and grab 1x (well deserved) Daring Effigy.
- 1x can be found in the Ikari Walkways area.
- From the Ikari Walkways - East Square breach, head roughly to your left, in the direction of the stairs you can see from the get go : once up there, you can collect the Daring Effigy, next to some crates.
- 1x can be found in the Sohn District area, on the roof of the Ministry building.
- Before you can get into the Ministry building, first, you'll need to acquire the Ministry Credentials (See Ministry Credentials for more detailed instructions).
- With the relevant key now in your possession, you'll have to backtrack practically to the very beginning of the level.
- Starting from the (aptly named) Sohn District - Corpse Pit breach : when facing the breach, and having the lowest part of the mag-lift at your back ; turn around, and climb upon the nearby pile of corpses, until you reach its highest point.
- From there, turn left ; then go forward, and slightly to the right, aiming for the doorway with the light blue lighting you can see in the distance.
- Pass the threshold, and turn right ; take a few steps forward, go down the stairs, pass the corner of the wall to the right, then turn right again.
- From this point, go straight ahead, until you reach the corner of the wall to the left. (On the way, you'll see a passage going to the right : ignore it.)
- Once this is done, turn left, and simply go straight ahead, until you reach a crossroad (On the way, you'll go down a few stairs ; pass the corpse of a hanged man, which is a nice visual representation of what this place is all about ; and climb a few more stairs).
- At the crossroad, turn left ; then, just go straight ahead, until you pass the corner of the wall to your left.
- From this point, head forward, and to the left, and go interact with the blue "doorknob" (This is the only way to get into the Ministry building ; and this is where the Ministry Credentials come into play).
- WARNING. As you enter the building, you'll come across a relatively high concentration of Embalmers, and Tool Victims.
- Now that the door is open, pass the threshold, and turn right ; then, head toward the staircase, that you can more or less already distinguish from here.
- Go up the stairs ; take two steps forward, and turn left ; then, just go straight ahead, until you pass the second pillar you'll come across, to your left.
- Once you've passed the second pillar, turn left again, and head toward the mag-lift that you can already see in the distance.
- Take the mag-lift, going up ; once you're up there, look to your left : you can already see the glow of the item you're aiming for, but the gap is too wide to be crossed with a running jump.
- Stay on the roof of the Ministry building, just go all the way around the central "structure" that prevents a direct access, and you'll be able to pick up 1x Daring Effigy.
- 1x can be found at the starting area on the edge of Port Issoudun.
- 1x can be acquired in the Port Issoudun area, specifically during Hell Hour / the Accretion Storms.
- Starting from the Port Issoudun - Silos breach : go down the mag-lift located just next to the breach.
- Turn around ; take a few steps forward, and turn left.
- Pass the doorway, and head toward the opening present in the opposite wall, forward, and to the right.
- Take some momentum, and jump down, while aiming at the upper "platform".
- Having your back at where you came from, you now have three options : to the left ; forward ; and to the right. Head to the right.
- From there, you can already partially see the space delimited by orange glowing walls, signalling the presence of an Horde Event.
- (Go down the stairs ; cross the bridge, and interact with the orange glowing wall to enter the Horde Event.)
- This Event consists of several waves of enemies, appearing in what you will quickly come to consider as a very small space, considering the numbers that are thrown at you. There are mostly Melee Thespians, and a few Vicious Hands. To spice things up / make things worse, there is a relativeley wide, pentagonal hole in the middle of the room : and if the lock on feature decides to play some nasty trick on you, by changing target at the last second, you can be sent flying to your death. It seems fair to say that this Event is quite a spike in difficulty, compared to the other ones, which pit you against Victims, and 1x Lava Daemon.
- Once you have defeated all the enemies, you have beaten the Horde Event, which can't be repeated. A pentagonal platform then rises ; on it, you'll find 1x Alarm ; 1x Daring Effigy ; 1x Fearful Effigy ; 1x Material: Charged Prism ; and 1x Material: Accelerator.
- 1x can be found in Alma Mater, from the second breach (Tenements Breach) go down and after the room with the computers you will see an opening going down the building. Go outside and go up the stairs, you will find the Alma Mater – Belvedere Breach and 1x Daring Effigy.
Daring Effigy - Notes & Tips
- Remember, not only do enemies get higher HP and do more damage, they also become harder to stagger. If you rely on stunlock to help you kill enemies, Polarizing may set you up for several nasty surprises. This is particularly dangerous when facing enemies that will quickly counterattack if not stunned, such as the various types of minor Arisen.
- Damage taken from enemies escalates quickly with repeated Polarization, with bosses typically capable of routinely one-shotting the player about the same time basic enemies begin to do respectable damage. As enemies also become harder to stagger, Bloodborne-style dodge-and-slash becomes gradually less viable as a general strategy. Heavy shields, optional and even overkill in the early game, eventually become a necessity-- and, later still, it becomes necessary to have the correct shield and/or conductor type for any enemy that deals elemental damage, since a heavy hit on a shield's elemental weak point can one-shot the player even through raised defenses.
- Once a player has substantially over 100% data (enough that the deductions for keys, etc., don't drop the total below 100), it is possible to increase the difficulty essentially at will by repeatedly approaching the Interface and surrendering data, increasing the base NG number by 1 each time. This may be done intentionally or as a side-effect of, for example, trying repeatedly to get the Architect to both open the Depths and drop his credentials.
- Depending on the build used, it may be advisable to lower the difficulty again using Fearful Effigies before challenging the Interface and Sentient. Both of these bosses represent a substantial difficulty spike over the rest of the game to that point, including the "cosmic gods."