Daring Effigy is a Consumable Item in Hellpoint. Daring Effigy can be used at a Breach to intensify challenge. Consumables are a special type of items in Hellpoint that can affect the player character and the word inside the game.
A bizarre statuette of a figure intensely staring forward into emptiness. Its courageous display inspires audacity.
Daring Effigy Use and Effect
- Can be used at a Breach to "intensify challenge".
- Enemies will do more damage and have more health. Note that they will also have increased stagger/knockdown resistance to the point that some weapons will no longer be able to reliably knock down enemies. For stronger enemies, you will no longer be able to cause knockdown even with the strength conductor buff (depends on the weapon).
- Greatly increases axioms rewarded for killing enemies.
Where to find Daring Effigy:
- Can be found at Arcology Downtown
- 1x can be found on the roof at Sohn District alley on Sohn District.
- 1x can be found at the starting area on the edge of Port Issoudun.
- 1x can be obtained as a reward at Port Issoudun after participate on an event at the Vault Door Room.
- 1x can be found in Alma Mater, from the second breach (Tenements Breach) go down and after the room with the computers you will see an opening going down the building. Go outside and go up the stairs, you will find the Alma Mater – Belvedere Breach and 1x Daring Effigy.
- Can be found at Ikari Walkways. From Estate Square Breach, go outside and turn right, you will find the Ortega Tower door (its closed for now). Go up and collect it on the corridor.
- 1x can be found in Embassy, after airlock, on ledge just before entrance in Black Hole Temple.
Daring Effigy Notes and Tips:
- Remember, not only do enemies get higher HP and do more damage, they also become harder to stagger. If you rely on stunlock to help you kill enemies, Polarizing may set you up for several nasty surprises. This is particularly dangerous when facing enemies that will quickly counterattack if not stunned, such as the various types of minor Arisen.
- Damage taken from enemies escalates quickly with repeated Polarization, with bosses typically capable of routinely one-shotting the player about the same time basic enemies begin to do respectable damage. As enemies also become harder to stagger, Bloodborne-style dodge-and-slash becomes gradually less viable as a general strategy. Heavy shields, optional and even overkill in the early game, eventually become a necessity-- and, later still, it becomes necessary to have the correct shield and/or conductor type for any enemy that deals elemental damage, since a heavy hit on a shield's elemental weak point can one-shot the player even through raised defenses.
- Once a player has substantially over 100% data (enough that the deductions for keys, etc., don't drop the total below 100), it is possible to increase the difficulty essentially at will by repeatedly approaching the Interface and surrendering data, increasing the base NG number by 1 each time. This may be done intentionally or as a side-effect of, for example, trying repeatedly to get the Architect to both open the Depths and drop his credentials.
- Depending on the build used, it may be advisable to lower the difficulty again using Fearful Effigies before challenging the Interface and Sentient. Both of these bosses represent a substantial difficulty spike over the rest of the game to that point, including the "cosmic gods."