Alma Mater Atrium (Athenaeum)
747 Axions (during Black Hole Hour)
Sentinel is a hostile Enemy in Hellpoint. Players can confront Enemies to obtain Axions, loot, and to acquire experience to unlock Weapon Abilities. Please note that Sentinel is not the official name, and is listed as such for the community to discover and record each enemy type.
Sentinel - Enemy Description
- This enemy has the general appearance of a white knight, wielding a greatsword (Linked Espadon), and a shield (Sentinel Cross).
Sentinel - Combat Information
- Sentinels are tough opponents, whatever stage of the game you encounter them. They have high HP, deal high damage, and can protect themselves using their shield.
- Try to lure their attacks, and then strike back while they recover. Avoid hitting their shield if you can, or you'll needlessly waste your Stamina.
- When they first spot you, or if you choose to confront them from a distance, Sentinels will plunge their greatswords into the ground, and make the edge reappear under your feet, causing Physical Damage (it's the Void Strike active ability of the Linked Espadon). Thankfully, this ability has poor tracking, so it's not that hard to avoid, if you stay on the move.
- Weak to damage over time caused by Radiation.
Sentinel - Locations
- x2 Sentinels can be found patrolling the Great Hall, between the Embassy - Pond breach, and the Archon Slaver boss fight.
- Sometimes, x1 Sentinel can be found posing as a statue, just before the Archon Slaver boss fight, in the Embassy area.
- Sometimes, x1 Sentinel can be found posing as a statue, in the same room where you can get 1x Omnicube Quantum Light, in the Athenaeum subsection of the Alma Mater Atrium area.
- Several Sentinels can be found throughout the Central Mall subsection of the Arcology Underside area.
- (The Sentinels that can be found in the Alma Mater area are actually a distinct variant, the Underworld Sentinels : they have a different color scheme, they have their own Armor Set, they yield a different amount of Axions when they are defeated...)
Sentinel - Drops
- Whenever you defeat a Sentinel, it yields an amount of 650 Axions (NG - Standard difficulty).
- This value is increased to 747 Axions during Black Hole Hour (NG - Standard difficulty).
- Sentinel will also sometimes drop :
Sentinel - Notes & Tips
- There are statues representing Sentinels, that can be found in several locations across the Irid Novo Station (there are a certain number of them in the Embassy area, at the very start of the game).
- Actual Sentinels can also be found posing as statues (for example, just before the Archon Slaver boss).
- If you try to lock on them, it won't work. You have to hit them in order to reveal their Health bar, and to "activate" them before they get the drop on you.
- As is the case for the placement of several other enemy types, this can vary (for example, the Melee Thespians near the Port Issoudun - Docking Bay breach) : sometimes, a statue is just a statue ; and sometimes, you're in for a surprise.