Broken EVA Outfit Set
Broken EVA Outfit Set is an Armor Set in Hellpoint. Armor Sets provide Defensive Stats against attacks from Enemies and Bosses, or against environmental hazards. The attributes and stats of Armor Sets depend on each individual piece. Wearing all the pieces of a Set doesn't grant any additional effects.
Broken EVA Outfit Set - Parts
- Broken EVA Outfit Helmet
- Broken EVA Outfit Chest
- Broken EVA Outfit Gloves
- Broken EVA Outfit Leggings
Where / How to acquire Broken EVA Outfit Set
- The whole Broken EVA Outfit Set can be found in the Embassy area, in the only section of this level taking place in outer space.
- WARNING. Without the appropriate gear, outer space comes with three specific environmental hazards : limited oxygen reserves (which will straight up kill you, once you run out) ; a gradual Entropy buildup (which will slow you down, past a certain threshold) ; and a gradual Radioactivity buildup (which will cause you to lose Health Points over time, past a certain threshold).
- The "appropriate gear" consists of either the EVA Outfit Set ; or the Aegis Armature Set. Their respective Helmets provide an unlimited supply of oxygen ; and their elemental resistances are such, that they completely nullify both the Entropy, and the Radioactivity buildups. Which means that, if you wish so, you could stay in outer space for an unlimited period of time, without suffering any consequences.
- The only downsides are that you can only find the Aegis Armature Set much later in the game ; and that the EVA Outfit Set can only be acquired via crafting ; crafting, that requires to first have the Broken EVA Outfit Set ; a Set, that can only be found in this very outer space section. So you'll have to bite the bullet at least once...
- With that being said : the following instructions assume that you have already opened the shortcut that allows a much shorter route between the Embassy - Pond breach, and the Archon Slaver boss fight.
- Incidentally, it will also allow you to get to the items you're currently aiming for much faster. (If you haven't opened that shortcut yet, see Archon Slaver for more detailed instructions).
- Starting from the Embassy - Pond breach : face the "window" (logically, the breach is now at your back), and go forward, and to your right.
- Climb the pile of crates, until you reach a higher floor.
- From there, turn to the right, and aim for the wide doorway flanked by two Sentinel statues, where you previously opened the shortcut.
- Watch out, 1x (real) Sentinel is patrolling the area : fight it or run past it, your choice. But since it tends to follow you around, chances are, you'll have to defeat it anyway, before the next step.
- When you are on the threshold of the doorway, facing the great hall, with its succession of pillars : head in a diagonal, forward, and to your right, and then interact with the first section of wall you come across.
- This will reveal a secret door, giving you access to a whole new subsection of the level. Turn left, and go towards the doorway you can see across the room.
- WARNING. There are 2x Vipers waiting for you, with one on either side of the doorway : so don't fall prey to such a poor ambush.
- Just a heads up : from this point onwards, there is a relatively high concentration of numerous Vipers ; and a wide assortment of all the possible declinations of Victims (Cannon fodder ; Melee ; Ranged ; Tank).
- It is extremely dark, even by this game's usual standards (if you wish to acquire the Broken EVA Outfit Set as early as possible, you won't have acquired Omnicube Light yet) ; and, to top it all off, there are a lot of crates, blocking your line of sight : so stay on your toes.
- From the ambush point : turn right ; forward ; turn left, and go down a first set of stairs.
- The next set of stairs is destroyed in its middle section, so don't fall, and jump over the gap.
- Turn right, and continue to go down the stairs, until you reach the lowest floor.
- Head toward the only corner of the room lit with a "normal" white light, and not with an ominous red light ; and interact with the switch, which will open the adjacent door (be quick, it closes by itself after a few seconds).
- You've just entered a depressurization airlock : once you pass the door located on the opposite side of the room, you'll be in outer space, with all the issues that it entails. (It goes without saying that, if you have the appropriate gear to solve these issues, now would be the time to put it on.)
- Once this is done, interact with the blue "doorknob", in order to initialize the depressurization process.
- After a few seconds, you'll be able to interact with another switch, and open the door leading to outer space.
- Head forward, but mostly to the left, until you reach the edge of the platform you're currently on ; then, drop down onto the platform located at a slightly lower height.
- Take some momentum, and perform a running jump, in order to cross the small gap, and reach another platform.
- Take a few steps forward, and perform the gentlest jump you can, in order to cross the small elevation that is in your way, without falling to your death in one of the stupidest ways possible...
- Pass the corner, and grab the whole Broken EVA Outfit Set.
Broken EVA Outfit Set - Notes & Tips
- One has to recognize that, by itself, the Boken EVA Outfit Set is not really interesting. It has good Defensive Stats, but this barely offsets the fact that is is way too heavy, given the stage of the game at which you can find it (And, to top it all off, it has a Strength requirement of 9).
- Its main selling point, and purpose, in a way, is that it is required in order to craft the EVA Outfit Set, which is a straight up improvement, in every possible aspect (Although it is still heavy, it doesn't weigh as much ; the Defensive Stats either stay the same ; or are vastly improved ; and though the requirements are now spread among three different Stats, they are not that high).
Broken EVA Outfit Set - Gallery
*You can click on the images to enlarge them.