5000 Axions (during Black Hole Hour)
Archon Slaver is a Boss in Hellpoint.
Archon Slaver Information
- An Archon made of pure energy
- This boss is the first you encounter in the game.
- This fight is not optional ; defeating the Archon Slaver is mandatory in order to be able to progress to the next area, the Observatory.
Archon Slaver Location
- Archon Slaver can be found in the Embassy area.
- The following instructions describe the "shortest" way you would take when going there for the very first time.
- Starting from the Embassy - Pond breach : when facing the breach, and having the big "window" in your back, turn right, and you'll find a passageway.
- From there, there's only one possible path to follow (turn right ; go down ; turn left ; turn left ; go down ; turn left).
- Past the Victim curled up next to a pile of rubble, there's a narrow bridge : cross it.
- Go straight ahead, and interact with the wall you're facing : this will reveal a secret door, and open a shortcut (Watch out, a Victim can spawn in your back).
- Turn right, and follow the corridor to the end.
- In the new room you've just entered, turn right, and go down the stairs.
- Turn left : right ahead of you, you can see a mag-lift, going up ; don't take it. Instead, follow the path going to the left.
- At the end of this short path, just drop down, and turn right.
- In the distance, you can see the green glow of a switch : this is (temporarily) what you're aiming for.
- Watch out, there's a high concentration of Victims between you and that switch : fight your way through ; try not to get noticed (easier said than done) ; or just outrun them : your choice.
- Once you've reached the switch, interact with it : it will trigger an alarm, but also call down an elevator / a lift (which takes ages to arrive...).
- You'll go up one floor ; straight ahead, you'll arrive in a great hall, with massive columns on either side.
- This great hall connects, among many other subsections : the Archon Slaver boss fight ; the Arisen Dominion area (that you'll only be able to access later in the game) ; and the spawn point where you began the game, with the Embassy - Pond breach (but only after having opened a shortcut).
- Since you're already here, your first order of business should be to go open that shortcut, before even attempting to confront the boss. It will make things much, much easier if the fight doesn't turn out in your favor.
- (On the way, you'll encounter 2x Sentinels. At this stage of the game, you have very limited offensive and defensive capabilities, and a grand total of two charges for your Healing Injection ; so the easiest solution is to not even bother with these mobs, and just run past them.)
- From the point where you arrived into the great hall, turn right ; hug the wall that is now located to your right, and simply follow it, until you can see a massive bunker door, ahead of you, and slightly to the left.
- This is the aforementioned shortcut : go open it, and you're now back into familiar territory.
- To finally get to the boss : just retrace your steps, until you get back to the spot where you exited the elevator / lift, and entered the great hall.
- This time around, turn left ; hug the wall that is now located to your left, and simply follow it, until you can see a wide passageway, flanked by two Sentinel statues, ahead of you, and slightly to the right (Watch out : sometimes, 1x Sentinel is posing as a statue!).
- Following the passageway, after a bit of a climb, here is the ominous orange glow, signaling the entrance to the boss room.
Archon Slaver Drops
- When you defeat the Archon Slaver, it yields an amount of 3333 Axions (NG - Standard difficulty).
- This value is increased to 5000 Axions during Black Hole Hour (NG - Standard difficulty).
How to Beat Archon Slaver
Archon Slaver Boss Guide:
The Archon Slaver can be a difficult fight, because you won't have enough equipment to fight him, and you will have to rely on your shield and dodge.
His attacks will freeze you, this will make both your movements and attacks slower. At two opposing walls there are vents giving off heat, which may be used to counter the freeze effect. (Stand on the vent to build up heat and to reduce freeze)
Stay near him and bait his attacks. His attacks are slow so you'll have plenty of time to dodge. Take one or two strikes and then repeat.
Don't get greedy with your strikes, as he can deal a lot of damage if he gets a combo on you.
The best time to attack him is when he performs his Double Hit. Deal as much damage as you can before he recovers
Attacks & Counters
|Three Hit Combo: He will perform three consecutive||Keep dodging until the combo finishes|
|Double Hit: He will strike with both hands dealing very high damage in front of him||Dodge right and attack him as many times as you can|
|Swipe: He will perform a horizontal swipe||Dodge left, right or backwards|
|Vertical Swipe: He will perform a vertical swipe with very long reach||Dodge right or left|
Notes & Trivia
I used the cannon and beat him quite easily.
It's actually 'Slaver' not Slayer. Also always try to get behind if you can, massive damage increase. The two grates on each end of the arena are heating pads as well which you can use to quickly get rid of the cold debuffs.