White Prophet Hand
White Prophet Hand is a Catalyst in Hellpoint. Catalysts are used to deal damage to Enemies and Bosses from a distance. Catalysts have different attack values and unique abilities, making them more or less effective, depending on the enemy or situation.
The light can restore or destroy. In ancient times, the man who wielded this power could give birth to an entire religion.
Where / How to acquire White Prophet Hand
- It can be found in the Embassy area, in the only section of this level taking place in outer space ; and specifically during Black Hole Hour.
- FIRST WARNING. Without the appropriate gear, outer space comes with three specific environmental hazards : limited oxygen reserves (which will straight up kill you, once you run out) ; a gradual Entropy buildup (which will slow you down, past a certain threshold) ; and a gradual Radioactivity buildup (which will cause you to lose Health Points over time, past a certain threshold).
- The "appropriate gear" consists of either the EVA Outfit Set ; or the Aegis Armature Set. Their respective Helmets provide an unlimited supply of oxygen ; and their elemental resistances are such, that they completely nullify both the Entropy, and the Radioactivity buildups. Which means that, if you wish so, you could stay in outer space for an unlimited period of time, without suffering any consequences.
- The only downsides are that you can only find the Aegis Armature Set much later in the game ; and that the EVA Outfit Set can only be acquired via crafting ; crafting, that requires to first have the Broken EVA Outfit Set ; a Set, that can only be found in this very outer space section. So you'll have to bite the bullet at least once...
- SECOND WARNING. To make things worse / to spice things up, at the very end of this platforming section, the White Prophet Hand is located behind a Black Hole Door ; therefore, you can only acquire it during Black Hole Hour (i.e, a very limited period of time).
- With that being said : the following instructions assume that you have already opened the shortcut that allows a much shorter route between the Embassy - Pond breach, and the Archon Slaver boss fight.
- Incidentally, it will also allow you to get to the items you're currently aiming for much faster. (If you haven't opened that shortcut yet, see Archon Slaver for more detailed instructions).
- Starting from the Embassy - Pond breach : face the "window" (logically, the breach is now at your back), and go forward, and to your right.
- Climb the pile of crates, until you reach a higher floor.
- From there, turn to the right, and aim for the wide doorway flanked by two Sentinel statues, where you previously opened the shortcut.
- Watch out, 1x (real) Sentinel is patrolling the area : fight it or run past it, your choice. But since it tends to follow you around, chances are, you'll have to defeat it anyway, before the next step.
- When you are on the threshold of the doorway, facing the great hall, with its succession of pillars : head in a diagonal, forward, and to your right, and then interact with the first section of wall you come across.
- This will reveal a secret door, giving you access to a whole new subsection of the level. Turn left, and go towards the doorway you can see across the room.
- WARNING. There are 2x Vipers waiting for you, with one on either side of the doorway : so don't fall prey to such a poor ambush.
- Just a heads up : from this point onwards, there is a relatively high concentration of numerous Vipers ; and a wide assortment of all the possible declinations of Victims (Cannon fodder ; Melee ; Ranged ; Tank).
- It is extremely dark, even by this game's usual standards (if you wish to acquire the White Prophet Hand as early as possible, you won't have acquired Omnicube Light yet) ; and, to top it all off, there are a lot of crates, blocking your line of sight : so stay on your toes.
- From the ambush point : turn right ; forward ; turn left, and go down a first set of stairs.
- The next set of stairs is destroyed in its middle section, so don't fall, and jump over the gap.
- Turn right, and continue to go down the stairs, until you reach the lowest floor.
- Head toward the only corner of the room lit with a "normal" white light, and not with an ominous red light ; and interact with the switch, which will open the adjacent door (be quick, it closes by itself after a few seconds).
- You've just entered a depressurization airlock : once you pass the door located on the opposite side of the room, you'll be in outer space, with all the issues that it entails. (It goes without saying that, if you have the appropriate gear to solve these issues, now would be the time to put it on.)
- (Once this is done,) interact with the blue "doorknob", in order to initialize the depressurization process.
- After a few seconds, you'll be able to interact with another switch, and open the door leading to outer space.
- Head forward, but mostly to the left, until you reach the edge of the platform you're currently on ; then, drop down onto the platform located at a slightly lower height.
- Take some momentum, and perform a running jump, in order to cross the small gap, and reach another platform.
- Take a few steps forward, and perform the gentlest jump you can, in order to cross the small elevation that is in your way, without falling to your death in one of the stupidest ways possible...
- Pass the corner, and grab the whole Broken EVA Outfit Set.
- From there, you'll have to do another running jump, in order to reach the platform located in front of you, at a slightly higher height.
- Now comes the trickiest part of this entire platforming section : perform a running jump, but aim a bit higher than your intended landing spot, in order to bump into the wall, so that it stops your momentum, preventing you from falling to your death.
- (If you manage to stick the landing, at the extremity of this first "beam", you can find 1x Coin. If you don't have the appropriate gear, don't bother, you have far better things to do with your limited time.)
- Since you barely have any space in order to gain some momentum, you'll have to do a "simple" forward jump, in order to reach the platform below.
- At this point, you know the drill : another running jump, another platform ; then, go up the mag-lift.
- (If you so desire, turn right, and go up a second mag-lift ; turn right again, and go grab Axions (777), lying on the floor at the end of this highest platform.)
- (Back track a bit if necessary, to the first mag-lift) ; turn left, and make another running jump.
- A few steps forward, turn right, and a last running jump ; from here, you can already see the glow of an item, located at the extremity of a short beam, in the distance.
- Reach the opposite end of the platform ; turn left ; drop down ; a few steps forward, and grab 1x (well deserved) Daring Effigy.
- Get back to a safer place, and pass the Black Hole Door.
- A few steps forward, go down the stairs, and you'll arrive in a vast room, arranged like a temple of some sort. Climb up to the very top, by going on either side.
- On the highest platform, you'll be greeted by a consequent welcoming committee, comprised of 4x Ranged Victims ; and 2x additional Victims will spawn if you approach the middle.
- Depending on your level, gear, mood...: either return the courtesy ; or don't even bother, go in for a suicide run, grab all the items, and consider this a success.
- Finally, in a very neatly arranged recess, you'll find : to the left, 1x Inselium Ingot ; in the middle, 1x White Prophet Hand ; and to the right, 1x Axions (5555).
- (If you're still alive at this point, I would advise you to use Omnicube Transposition, teleport out of there, and never look back...unless you have some serious masochistic tendencies, and wish to go back the way you came from...)
White Prophet Hand - Weapon Abilities
- Light Blast: Fire a short-range Light blast.
- Weight Handling: The weapon feels lighter in the hand.
- Reflex Influx: Increased Reflex capabilities.
- Light Cluster: Hurls a handful of Light explosives.
- Health Influx: 5% bonus to max. Health.
- Foresight Influx: Increased Foresight capabilities.
- Entropic Beacon (Energy): Fires continuous ray of Energy.
White Prophet Hand - Notes & Tips
- It is a weapon that has both low reach wide range cluster attacks, and long reach narrow ranged attacks. It is the most versatile of the 3 catalysts, but it also has the lowest damage output.