Scrapped Heat Shield
Scrapped Heat Shield is a Shield in Hellpoint. Shields are used to block the attacks of Enemies, and Bosses. Shields have different defense values, that make them more or less effective, depending on the enemy or situation.
A vestige of an old welding shield that has melted together and become stuck in the retracted position. Heavy and impractical, but still capable of withstanding strong blows.
Where / How to acquire Scrapped Heat Shield
- 1x can be found in the Observatory area.
- Starting from the Observatory - Podium breach : head in the opposite direction to where the Weapon Editor is located, until you reach a staircase.
- Go up the stairs, and turn left.
- Go straight ahead, and turn right : you'll find a series of staircases, connecting the different semi-circular floors of the Observatory.
- Go up the stairs, until you reach the highest floor.
- Turn right, and go straight ahead, until you reach what seems to be the end of this semi-circular floor.
- If you look closer, there is, in fact, a platform located at a slightly lower height, that lets you access a mag-lift.
- Starting from this first mag-lift, you'll have to perform a succession of two lateral jumps to the right, in order to reach two other mag-lifts.
- Now that you've set foot on the "roof" of the Observatory, you'll see, right ahead of you, a succession of three "columns", of increasing heights : you'll have to jump from one to another.
- You can walk on the semi-spherical dome (Watch your footing, some sections are missing...). Head towards its most central, and highest point : this is where you'll find 1x Breach Synchronizer, sitting on a pedestal.
- Turn around, so that the void of space is at your back ; from this spot, a bit further down the dome, and slightly to the left, you can see an item glowing : this is the Shield you were looking for.
- 1x can be found in the Arcology area.
- (To gain access to this part of the level, you first have to use 1x Arcology Limited Access Passport at the terminal located just next to the Arcology - Customs Bridge breach.)
- Starting from the Arcology - West Square breach : when having the breach at your back, take a few steps forward, and make a running jump while aiming at the nearby mag-lift.
- Grab it in mid air, and go all the way up ; then, make a lateral jump to the left, in order to get over the grate (To prevent any...frustrating mishap, make sure that your character is actively leaning in the direction in which you want to go, before jumping).
- Once you've landed safely, take a few steps forward, and go up the stairs.
- From this point on : turn right ; forward ; turn left ; forward.
- At the second "crossroad" : turn right ; take a few steps forward ; climb the short set of stairs ; turn left ; then climb a second, longer set of stairs.
- You're now in a vast, open area, where you'll encounter a high concentration of Victims, among many crates and containers, blocking the lines of sight.
- From here, turn left ; take a step forward, and turn left again. Then, head toward the cubic "monument", that you can see in the distance (it is the only element lit by some stark white lighting) ; and go around it, on its left side.
- Once you've reached the pedestal of the monument, look for a very narrow passage between some containers, and some rubble (located roughly straight ahead of you, once you pass the corner of a container).
- When you emerge from this narrow passage, head toward the lit doorway that you can see in the distance, forward, and slightly to the right.
- Pass the threshold ; turn right and go forward, then go up the mag-lift.
- Once you're up there, turn right, and make a running jump in order to cross the gap, and reach the other platform, located at a slightly lower height.
- From the spot where you landed, turn right, and just go straight ahead.
- As you arrive at the very end of this large platform, the only way to progress further, is to turn right, and make another running jump.
- Take a few steps forward, and you're now in a vast room, with two series of four pillars on each side. Just go straight ahead, until you reach the doorway on the opposite side of the room.
- Since the door with the pinkish lighting right in front of you is closed, turn right, take a few steps forward, and drop down onto the lower platform.
- Turn left, and go down the mag-lift. (This area is really a whole lot of nothing...)
- Once you're down there, turn right ; then head forward, and slightly to the right, until you reach a doorway.
- As you pass the doorway, you're now at a crossroad. (If you turn right, and follow the path, you can open a shortcut, that could save you some travel time, if anything goes awry.)
- Turn left, and follow the only available path ; you'll come across an armor-clad humanoid, minding its own business on the other side of a grate. This is actually an NPC, the Architect, that you'll encounter again later, in the Sohn District area.
- If you continue along this path, you'll soon arrive at a second crossroad.
- Turn left ; after climbing a long staircase, you'll find 1x Omnicube Light, just sitting there, in the middle of the way.
- After some more stairs, pass the doorway ; take a few steps forward, and you'll find yourself at the third crossroad in a row.
- Go to the left ; pass the doorway ; take a few steps forward, then turn right, and follow the narrow corridor.
- As you emerge into a wider room, where a good portion of the floor is destroyed, turn right, and take a few steps forward.
- Turn right again, pass the doorway, and go grab 1x Scrapped Heat Shield, lying on the floor, in the middle of this small room.
- 1x can be found in the Alma Mater Atrium area.
- Starting from the Alma Mater Atrium - Tenements breach : having the breach at your back, turn right, and go through the doorway.
- A bit further, you'll see a series of staircases, going either up, or down ; don't go up, it's a dead end, and a waste of time, since there's absolutely nothing of interest.
- Instead, go down the stairs, until you reach the opening of a new doorway, to your right.
- Turn left, and go straight ahead. (The general impression that this area is a whole lot of nothing intensifies...)
- Enter the doorway to your right ; and dispatch the 1x Preterhuman, and 1x Tool Victim present in the room.
- WARNING. From there on, it's a point of no return ; so you have to be committed to explore this subsection to the very end, which is quite the trek.
- Approach the only "window" of the room, and drop down below.
- After another unfortunate couple of 1x Preterhuman, and 1x Tool Victim, you'll quickly come to the conclusion that there's only one way to go.
- One running jump, and x1 Tool Victim later, you'll reach another lower platform.
- Then, to the right, you'll recognize the start of one of the numerous and perilous platforming sections present in the game ; sections that, by this time, you have certainly come to appreciate...
- If you stick the landing properly after the required running jump, you can grab 1x Scrapped Heater Shield.
Scrapped Heat Shield - Notes & Tips