Pathing is an Omnicube Program in Hellpoint. The player can load up to three different Omnicube Programs in the Omnicube, but only one can be active at a time. The Omnicube Programs provide an array of different features, which are more or less useful, depending on the situation.
A simple program that creates a temporary energy shell at regular intervals. Useful if you lack access to a map.
Pathing - Information / Use
- Pathing is an Omnicube Program that can help the player during the exploration of the various levels of the game.
- When it is active, it spontaneously, and periodically creates visual cues along the path you have been taking.
- These visual cues take the form of small, floating, luminescent, orange spheres ; they will remain until the level is reset (if you get killed, or if you travel to another area), or until you switch to another Omnicube Program.
- These visual cues you're leaving behind you, like a trail of breadcrumbs, are created around every 20 seconds, but only when you're on the move ; it won't work if you stand still.
- Whenever this ability is toggled on, like the majority of Omnicube Programs, it slowly consumes Energy Points over time ; but this cost can easily be sustained, even at a leisurely killing pace.
- All in all, Pathing is relatively useful for tracking where you have already been, if you need to retrace your steps, or to avoid getting lost, or going in circles.
- Although, if you're using it, it also means that you aren't using Omnicube Light. To see where you have been, or to see where you are going : your choice.
Where / How to acquire Pathing
- 1x can be found in the Observatory area.
- Starting from the Observatory - Podium breach, go down the stairs, either to the right, or to the left.
- Once you're down there, turn around, and go straight ahead, towards the railing.
- Be it on the right, or on the left side, you'll notice that a portion of the railing is missing.
- This is the starting point to a section of platforming that involves, either dropping down to a platform located at a lower height ; or jumping to a platform located at the same height.
- There are a few Resources along the way : 1x Axions (333), 1x Carbon Scraps, 1x Inselium Rod...
- Once you manage to get all the way down there, at the lowest possible level, this is where you'll find the Omnicube Program you're looking for, lying on the floor.
- (You can then get back to your starting point by making a running jump, in order to reach a mag-lift, that will take you up.)
- 1x can be found in the Sohn District area.
- Starting from the (aptly named) Sohn District - Corpse Pit breach : when facing the breach, and having the lowest part of the mag-lift at your back ; turn around, and climb upon the nearby pile of corpses, until you reach its highest point.
- From there, turn left ; then go forward, and slightly to the right, aiming for the doorway with the light blue lighting you can see in the distance.
- Pass the threshold, and head in a diagonal, forward, and to the right, in order to reach the corner of the opposite wall, that you can already see from here.
- Pass the corner, and go straight ahead, until you arrive at a stack of crates, leaning against the wall, to your left.
- Go around this stack of crates, then head toward the section of wall located just beneath the right pink neon sign.
- Interact with it, and this will reveal a secret room, in which you'll find 1x Coin, in the left corner ; and 1x Pathing, right in front of you.
Pathing - Notes & Tips