Marine Rifle is a Firearms in Hellpoint. Name is used to deal damage to Enemies and Bosses from a distance. Firearms have different attack values and unique abilities making them more or less effective depending on the enemy or situation. is a ranged weapon characterized for its high fire rate and precise shots having both long and short ranged attacks in form of single quick low damage shots or high damage grenades.
An artisanal modification of a standard railgun transformed to look like a very ancient military rifle. The work of a sophisticated collector.
Where to find Marine Rifle
- Found at Arcology Underside in the room after the Transporter boss. It is in a corner in the same room that contains the Branch of Light.
Marine Rifle Abilities
- Light Shell: Standard light Projectile.
- Strength Influx: Increased Strength capabilities.
- Weight Handling: The weapon feels lighter in the hand.
- Light Grenade Launcher: Launches a time-detonated grenade at a low trajectory that can bounce off surfaces, if it hits an enemy, and they don't block, it will explode. It can take out tightly packed enemies.
- Health Influx: 5% bonus to max health.
- Surface Light Damage: Creates a harmful zone of light damage.
Marine Rifle Notes and Tips
- Weight is likely bugged right now as the rifle weights zero even before unlocking the Weight Handling ability.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Remember...short controlled bursts.
This is basically just an easter egg and nothing more. Yes it has 0 weight whereas the railgun weighs 4 and does 2 more base light damage than the railgun. However the railgun can unlock energy influx which is always good to have pluse you get weight handling with that weapon anyway. You get it on this one too which is pointless though and with energy influx missing the railgun is just better.
That said..."MARINES WE ARE LEAVING!"
Recoil must be very high with this.
Alien VS Predator reference anyone?
Half the stats in this wiki are bunk, so I ask: is this actually a straight upgrade from the regular railgun, as the stats imply?
V - 5% bonus to max health.
VI - Surface Light Damage (Creates a harmful zone of light damage.)
"Surface Light Damage" tested on "Small Candle-Carrier" (orb monks) in Grand Gallery with 8 Cognition:
Standard shot - 14~
Surface Light Damage - 8-24 on explosion impact, 1-2(maybe 3) DPS on AOE fire.
NOTE: It seems bugged as the AOE has a fire in the middle that deals the low DPS but also a large pulse that it regularly emits that does nothing.
Pc only atm.