Disciple Shield is a Shield in Hellpoint. Shields are used to block the attacks of Enemies, and Bosses. Shields have different defense values, that make them more or less effective, depending on the enemy or situation.
Disciples of the Prying Eye created this beautiful apparatus, which they proudly raise up during their daily communion. It acts as both a magnifier and a symbol of their openness.
Where / How to acquire Disciple Shield
- 1x can be found in the Sohn District area.
- Starting from the (aptly named) Sohn District - Corpse Pit breach : when facing the breach, and having the lowest part of the mag-lift at your back ; turn around, and climb upon the nearby pile of corpses, until you reach its highest point.
- From there, turn left ; then go forward, and slightly to the right, aiming for the doorway with the light blue lighting you can see in the distance.
- Pass the threshold, and head in a diagonal, forward, and to the right, in order to reach the corner of the opposite wall, that you can already see from here.
- Pass the corner, and go straight ahead, until you arrive at a stack of crates, leaning against the wall, to your left.
- Turn slightly to the right ; then, head toward the opening in the fencing that you can see at a distance.
- Pass the opening, and go straight ahead, until you reach a doorway with a light blue lighting, to your left. (On the way, you'll see a path going to the left : ignore it.)
- Enter this tiny control room, and interact with the blue "doorknob" : this will open a "bunker door", just outside (For once, you can actually see the direct effect of your interaction, through the window.)
- Go through this bunker door, take a few steps forward, then turn right.
- Pass the doorway, go down the stairs, and follow the only available path, until you arrive at a crossroad, with a path going to the left, and a path going forward.
- Turn left, and just follow the path going "straight ahead", until you reach an open space (On the way, you'll pass a path going left, and leading to a strangely shaped "doorway" : ignore it).
- Once you've reached the aforementioned open space, simply go straight ahead for a good distance, until you reach a crossroad, with a path going to the left, and a path going to the right. (On the way, to your right, you'll see a doorway leading to a room : ignore it.)
- At the crossroad, turn left ; take a few steps forward, and you're now at a second crossroad.
- Don't take the wide path going straight ahead ; instead, take the narrow path, going forward, and to the right.
- Pass the automated door, and you've now entered what feels like the bargain bin version of the larders you can frequently see in horror movies, and games. There's only one possible path, so brute force your way through, until you arrive at the doorway that will let you exit this room.
- Pass the doorway, and go grab 1x Disciple Shield, lying there on the floor.
- 1x can be found in the Arisen Dominion area.
- Starting from the Arisen Dominion - Grand Gallery breach : when facing both the breach, and the nearby square hole, turn around, take a few steps forward, and go down the stairs, until you reach the edge.
- You'll have to make a running jump, in order to cross the gap, and reach the second, lower half of the broken staircase.
- From the point where you landed, just go straight ahead, and pass a great, weirdly shaped "doorway".
- Turn right, and go forward, until you reach a crossroad, with a path going left, and a path going forward.
- Take the path going left, and you'll enter a large room, with several Small Celestial Beasts.
- Go straight ahead, until you reach the opposite wall ; then, turn left, and go down the stairs.
- From this point, head forward, and to the right ; you'll arrive in a vast open space, and the only option you have, if you wish to progress further, is to drop down onto the passageway below.
- On the opposite side of this space, past a rectangular doorway, and beneath what looks like stained glass, you can barely distinguish the golden glow of the item you're currently aiming for.
- Halfway on the passageway you'll have to take to get there, you can already see 2x Small Arisen Congregators (Censer) ; and 1x Small Arisen Congregator (Staff) is patrolling, back and forth.
- The greatest foe here is definitely the environment in which you have to fight. Since the odds are stacked against you, I would advise not to play this losing game, but rather, to change the rules of the engagement.
- On the left side of the passageway, roughly halfway through, you can see that there is a platform located at a lower height, that would allow you to go around the obstacle.
- Drop down onto the passageway ; go forward, and as you approach the "congestion point", drop down again, onto the aforementioned lower platform.
- Follow the narrow passage, and go up the stairs, preferably while sprinting.
- As you get back on the passageway, ignore the enemies, and just go straight ahead, until you've passed the doorway, and entered the room.
- You're now in a space where you can fight properly, without having to fear a death at the hands of gravity for every step you take, since you have enough room to dodge. In addition, you can use the walls on either side of the doorway to break the tracking of the various projectiles your enemies have at their disposal.
- Once you're the only one left standing, you can go grab 1x Seal of the Anima, sitting on a pedestal (As you pick it up, you'll also gain +0,17% Data) ; and 1x Disciple Shield, lying on the floor, in the right corner.
Disciple Shield - Notes & Tips
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Requires 6 foresight