Catalyst Conductor is an Upgrade Chip in Hellpoint. Upgrades Chips are a special type of item, that can bolster your weapons. The Upgrade Chips themselves can be upgraded with Axions at the Weapon Editor.
Catalyst Conductor - Information / Use
- Ingame description : Equip it on a Catalyst at an Upgrade Station to augment power based on Foresight.
- (Upgrade Station = Weapon Editor, located in the Observatory area, just next to the Observatory - Podium breach.)
- Whichever Catalyst you decide to equip with this upgrade chip, it seems to provide a flat increase of +75 to the original value of the Foresight Bonus this weapon inherently possesses.
- (Every single Catalyst available in the game presents the same initial value when it comes to their Foresight Bonus : +70.)
- (The damage of every single Catalyst available in the game scales exclusively with the Foresight Stat.)
- Unlike the various Upgrade Chips that can be combined with Melee Weapons, the Catalyst Conductor doesn't provide any active ability, in addition to the passive increase to damage tied to the Foresight Stat.
Where / How to acquire Catalyst Conductor
- 1x can be found as early as the Embassy area, but you have to know the trick in order to get it.
- It is located in a small room, in the same relatively open, but complex area, where you can find the lift you have to take in order to get to the Archon Slaver boss room (In case of doubt, see the walkthrough).
- The only problem is that you can't access this room right away. An unnamed NPC, who uses the same model as the basic Victims, already resides there (You can briefly talk to him, just for the sake of curiosity : he foolishly thinks he is safe behind bars).
- To get around this inconvenience : at spawn, you have to sprint there as fast as you can, and get in this room before the bars condemn the access (Assuming you haven't defeated the Archon Slaver boss yet, this implies starting at the Embassy - Pond breach ; setting this breach as your respawn point ; and then either die voluntarily ; or teleport there).
- Once you're inside, and you've acquired the Catalyst Conductor, don't worry, you're not stuck there : there's a switch on the inside, that can't be seen from the outside, and lowers the bars.
- 1x can be found in the Alma Mater Atrium area, just before, or right after the Consumer boss fight, depending on where you went first, either Ikari Walkways, or Sohn District.
- (These instructions assume that you haven't opened the shortcut yet, that would allow a much shorter route between the Alma Mater Atrium - Otsego Mansion breach, and the Alma Mater Atrium "plaza", where you're currently headed.)
- Starting from the Alma Mater Atrium - Union Park breach : exit the room containing the breach.
- Turn left, and go back to the Consumer boss room. (These instructions assume that you have already defeated this boss.)
- Taking the very middle of the boss room as a landmark : when facing the only wide open side of this circular room, head in a diagonal, forward, and to the right, until you reach the wall.
- Hug the wall (located on your right side), and continue to go forward until you reach a corner.
- Turn right : there's a wide staircase. Climb these stairs.
- WARNING. When you approach the upper end of the staircase, you'll get ambushed by 2x Preterhumans, coming from either side.
- Once you got rid of them, given that you have the staircase at your back, go hug the wall to the left.
- WARNING. From there on, you enter the firing range of 2x Small Artillery, located on two separate platforms, that are pretty much out of reach. When you combine both of their arcs of fire, these two ranged enemies cover almost the whole area, making the exploration excruciatingly tedious, if you wish to grab the different items scattered all around.
- Two solutions : either you sprint from cover to cover, grab everything, get out of there, and never look back (So, basically, the same course of action you would take with the triple ballista of the Smouldering Lake area in Dark Souls 3...).
- Or, you can get on the roof of the "building", opposite to them, and snipe them by aiming the Light Shell active ability of the Railgun manually. The limiting factor is then your damage output and, by extension, your reserve of Energy Points. So perhaps it is best to leave some enemies alive in the vicinity, in order to go replenish your Energy, as you will most certainly need to.
- From there on, these instructions assume that you've chosen a way to deal with this nuisance, which won't be mentioned again. From the corner of the "building", and the patch of luminescent mushrooms, aim for the opening in the "fence" that you can see right ahead of you.
- Turn right, head forward, and go up the short but wide set of stairs.
- From this point, go straight ahead ; pass the strange projection of three nested luminescent cubes to your left, and again, go up the stairs.
- Once you're on this "platform", facing the succession of three "doors", with their weird "doorknobs" : turn left, and you'll see a small pile of rubble, in the corner.
- Turn even a bit further to the left, look up, and you'll see a mag-lift, connected to the platform where 1x Small Artillery is / was stationed : this is what you're aiming for.
- Once you've managed to get up there, it is pretty straightforward : go straight ahead, turn right, and you can already see 1x Catalyst Conductor, lying on the floor, at the edge of the platform.
- 1x can be found in the Alma Mater Atrium area (Union Park subsection).
- (These instructions assume that, instead of going to Sohn District with the first Arcology Limited Access Passport, you went to Ikari Walkways first. All in all, this doesn't change much, apart from the route you'll have to take in order to reach what you're aiming for.)
- Starting from the Alma Mater Atrium - Union Park breach: exit the room containing the breach.
- Turn right, and go right ahead ; pass the corner of the building, and then aim for the entrance to the Union Park, that you can see in the distance, right ahead.
- WARNING. As you progress further into the Park, you'll enter the firing range of 2x Small Artillery. They are equally annoying as the two that can be found at the Alma Mater Atrium "plaza", but they are (relatively) easier to reach.
- Your first order of business should be to get rid of them, making the exploration of the whole Union Park subsection all the more pleasant. It means that you'll have to backtrack a bit, in order to make sure you haven't missed anything, but that is a small price to pay.
- If you prefer to run around like a headless chicken, preferably from cover to cover, hoping not to get hit by the humongous "cannonballs" being shot at you every few seconds (and benefitting from a generous tracking...), feel free to ignore this recommendation.
- Once you've reached the entrance of the park, go straight ahead, until you reach a bridge.
- Cross the bridge ; from there, stay on the same course, full steam ahead, until the first fake tree you'll come across.
- Then, head in a diagonal, forward, and to the left ; you'll reach the imposing carcass of an animal (?) of some sort.
- From this point, you can see two staircases : one that goes up, to your left ; and one, a bit harder to see, right ahead, that goes down : this is the one you want.
- There's only one possible path from there : down ; left ; down ; forward ; down.
- You'll arrive in a circular room : an Ominous Monolith stands at the center of it, leading to the Underworld section of Alma Mater Atrium ; and, to the right side, you'll find 1x Catalyst Conductor, along with 1x Nihl Prophet Hand.
- 1x can be found in the Arisen Dominion area.
- (The following instructions assume that you haven't yet activated the great elevator.)
- Starting from the Arisen Dominion - Grand Gallery breach : when facing both the breach, and the nearby square hole, go around the hole, on whichever side you prefer.
- From there, just follow the passageway (with two series of three benches on each side), and head in the direction of the great doorway that you can see in the distance.
- Once you've passed this doorway, you'll see a much smaller doorway, with light blue lighting, forward, and to the left.
- Past the threshold of this second doorway, there's only one possible path for quite a while, until you reach a crossroad : on your left, there's a great door, with a blue "doorknob" just next to it ; and right ahead, you'll arrive in what must be the "Sun Worship Chamber", mentioned in the description of the Sun Hall Access.
- Go straight ahead, and as you emerge from the large passageway, into the vast open space, turn right ; then, go hug the wall located to your right, and continue forward, until you reach a first doorway.
- Pass the threshold, turn left, and go up the stairs, all the way to the top.
- Once you're up there, turn right, and take two steps forward ; then, head forward, and to the right, and pass the doorway.
- Go straight ahead, until you reach a passage, going to the right. (Just a precision, if this happens to anybody : in a previous playthrough, there was a "barrier" blocking any progression in that direction ; this time, the barrier was already in a "retracted" position ; sadly, I don't really know what I did differently.)
- Pass the weirdly shaped doorway, take a few steps forward, and you'll arrive at a crossroad, with a path going to the right, and a path going to the left.
- Take the path going to the right ; at first glance, it seems to be a dead end ; but if you go interact with the section of the wall, directly opposite to the two radioactive jars, it will reveal a secret passage.
- Enter this new room, and approach the rectangular hole that you can already see, forward, and to the right.
- If you look down, you'll notice that there is an abrupt slope, (almost) all the way to the bottom ; but that there are also a few narrow platforms, along the way.
- All you have to do is position yourself properly, aim at the nearest platform, and let yourself slide down the slope.
- Once you've completed the sliding minigame, use the last platform on the right side, and just drop down (You shouldn't take any fall damage).
- Pass the doorway, which is the only way to progress further, and take a few steps forward ; then, take a moment to observe your surroundings.
- At the other end of a large passageway, you can already see the glows of three items, right ahead of you ; but the very appearance of the floor you would have to walk on to get there should be enough to cause suspicion, and rightfully so.
- The floor is comprised of an arrangement of square tiles, with a majority of smaller squares, and a few bigger squares.
- As you step on a tile, after a brief moment, the majority of them will fall...and you with them, if you were still standing on them ; but there are also a few tiles which, as you get near them, will rise, thus blocking your way.
- If you use the Omnicube Quantum Light, you'll discover that there is a specific symbol on some of the tiles, signifying that they are "safe", and won't either fall, or rise.
- So the idea would be to advance cautiously, going from one safe tile to the next, until you have crossed the whole "danger zone".
- You could indeed complete this puzzle in the way it was intended...or you could simply just sprint across all the way to the opposite end : it is frankly not that much more dangerous, since there is always the possibility of a rising tile that could instantaneously ruin your meticulous progression.
- If you manage to get to the other side safely, you can pick up the following items : 1x Axions (22222), to your left ; 1x Coin, forward, and to the left ; 1x Hedron of Entropy, along with 1x Catalyst Conductor, right ahead of you ; and 1x Diamond Ingot, to your right.
- (Once you're done with the looting, you're not stuck down there : just a bit further, you'll find a mag-lift, going up, and a switch, which will allow you to get back to the rest of the level.)
- With the relevant Printing Model, Catalyst Conductor can be crafted at an Universal Printer, using the following Materials:
Catalyst Conductor - Notes & Tips
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!